Friday, June 6, 2008

Tres Salsas


A couple of weeks ago I had a bunch of ladies from church over to make some salsas. It was so much fun to chat, chop, and dip together! It made me want to do it more often. Maybe next time we can do brunch, or something like that.

Here's what we did:

Tres Salsas


One of the things I love most about salsas is you can easily alter them to make it perfect for your tastes, i.e., more lime juice, less jalepeno; whatever you love.

Mango Salsa was from allrecipes.com. We only added jalepenos to some of it and I thought both versions tasted wonderful. Here's the link. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mango-Salsa/Detail.aspx

Salsa Verde from Williams-Sonoma Savoring Mexico, was posted here.

And the Pico de Gaillo is just from my head, so all measurements are approximate. I taste as I go never adding all the onion or jalepenos unless it needs it.

1 lb tomatoes (I use Romas), diced
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
1-2 jalepenos, finely chopped
1-2 limes, juiced
salt to taste