Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Recipe from the Heart

Artichoke Linguine, according to Brian, is a family favorite and a traditional dish made to express one's love for the person it is being made for. Since it calls for artichoke hearts Brian will often make it for me on Valentine's Day or our anniversary. He's the head chef when Artichoke Linguine is on the menu and I'm the prep cook, so I've never made it myself.

On Monday evening Brian called from work announcing he wanted a pasta dinner. I looked through our pantry and saw we had all the ingredients for Artichoke Linguine. I made up a batch and it turned out excellent. Brian felt the love.

One little mix up I had was it was the first time I used Campbell's brand chicken broth. I didn't realize it was condensed until after I added it. I just didn't have to add much salt.

Rating: 9

Source: Marylin Carini

No comments: