Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Fried Flounder Fillet


One of the easiest, most delicious fish dishes I can make. I learned it from Marilyn, Brian's mom. Fresh, fresh fish is ALWAYS the key! I like to get my fish from Fairway or from the fish mongers at the Greenmarket in Union Square. One time I bought some fish from a place in Chelsea Markets and it was gross; so now I stick to my trusted sources.


Basically all you do is salt the flounder fillet (lemon sole is a similar fish and can be used instead) on both sides dredge it in flour and toss it into some hot grapeseed oil. Marilyn taught me that the reason she used grapeseed oil is because it has a higher smoking point. I fry each side for about 2-3 minutes and it is usually good. As soon as I take it out if the pan and place it on the plate I drizzle it with lemon juice. It is OH! So good! Isabella was even loving it last night.

No comments: