Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Big Apple Party

Brian and I have been craving my delicious homemade caramel apples but we didn't want to cook up a whole batch of sweet, delicious, tempting caramel just for the two of us so we invited a few friends over for a Big Apple Party. The name seemed fitting since we live in the core of Manhattan.

Each year since we have been married I have made caramel apples in the fall. (Well, except last year when new motherhood was all-encompassing.) This indulgent treat once a year is so fantastic with the fresh local granny smith apples.

I got the recipe from epicurious.com. They are called Caramel-dipped Apples.

The caramel is absolutely fantastic. This was the first time I tried it while having people over. I think the distractions of company and a one year old who hadn't napped resulted in a not-as-fantastic-as-usual caramel.

Our friends said it was great and seemed to enjoy themselves, but Brian and I both agreed that the caramel wasn't as great as past years. Another problem we had was the candy thermometer I bought a few days previous didn't seem to be working properly.

After it was all over we had a great time and definitely had sugar headaches! They were tastey even if they weren't perfect!

No comments: