Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Granola, Granola

(The photo kept rotating back when I posted it.)

I have tried a few different recipes and variations on recipes of granola but I finally made a batch that I LOVE. I've never been a big granola fan but Brian often has a parfait for breakfast so I've been buying a lot of granola. I figure granola can't be that hard it's oats, nuts, and dried fruit. So, I'm not sure why I couldn't get the combination just right until two days ago. This is what I did and I'm sticking to it!

5 cups oats
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup sunflower seeds

1 cup honey
1/3 cup canola oil
1 Tablespoon molasses
1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 325 degree. Combine oats, nuts and seeds in a large mixing bowl. Over medium heat stir the oil, honey, molasses and salt until combined. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix until everything is moist. Put in a rimmed cookie sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Once the granola is out of the oven mix in the dried fruit and let cool. Store in an airtight container.

No comments: